Saturday, August 11, 2007

Visiting New York City

This forum is dedicated to visiting one of the greatest cities in the world: New York City. The comments made here are based solely on my own personal experiences and obeservations in New York City. I will mention favorite places, great ways to get around, hassles to avoid, and how to navigate the city like a local.

My love affair with New York City began as a child through movies, music, and the iconery associated with New York City. As I got older, I eventually made my first trip to New York City in the mid 1990's. This was a scary thing at first, visiting a huge metropolis by myself. The breadth and scope of Manhattan alone can be overwhelming.

Eventually I made many trips here, learning more along the way, such important things as street smarts, subway etiquette, avoiding possible dangerous scenarios, and other helpful things along the way.

I loved New York so much I developed a strong desire to move here. And I did just that, well sort of. I did move to the metro New York City area settling east on Long Island. I am still close enough to visit whenever I want, and far enough away to enjoy a suburban way of life.

As this blog progesses, I will talk about specific experiences and cool things to experience in the Greater New York Area.

No comments: